Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Best Beauty Blender Dupe (Miine Makeup Blender)


     Hello beautiful people! Happy New Year! Let's welcome 2017 with positivity! As I said before, makeup tools are as important as makeup. No wonder different beauty tools sprout out in the market. The Beauty Blender is the queen of all makeup sponges,but here in the Philippines it is expensive. It costs P900-1,000 which is a big amount for a sponge that needs to be replaced every 3-4 months.

     I've been there like you, hunting for some BB dupes that could do the job. Sadly, generic makeup sponges or even those released by local brands are just too stiff, rubbery, and would just absorb most of the product.

     When I saw a makeup blender at Watsons I was excited at the same time hesitant whether to get it or not. In the end, I decided to get it since it is only P159! That is like 1/5 the price of a BB!
Miine Makeup Blender in Black
      They have a pink variant in a tear drop shape that looks a lot like a BB, a black one, and a set of 3 makeup sponges that comes in pink, black, and white.
       First impression is that it's softer than the other sponges I've tried. I wet it and it did expands. As it expands, it becomes softer! I'm thrilled!


         It claims that, "It is a revolutionary makeup sponge designed to create an impeccable, streak-free, even coverage with minimum product waste. It features an open cell structure that fills with a small amount of water when wet; this allows the makeup blender to expand in size and become softer, then returning to its original size when air-dried."

Suggested Usage:
  • Wet the makeup blender with water until it expands in size.
  • Squeeze out the excess liquid, use a towel if available.
  • Dab the sponge in your makeup and blend on your face, pressing slightly on the surface (also called stippling) for a flawless airbrush finish.



     The product is Latex-Free and made in Korea. It has a pointed end for hard to reach spots like the nose, mouth, and eyes. A curved side for curved areas such as the nose wing and chin. And the bottom part for larger areas such as forehead and cheeks.

     I noticed the first time I washed it before use, that there were bubbles coming out of the product. Perhaps it's the way of cleaning the product out before the initial use.
     Over all, I am very happy that I bought this Miine sponge! It applies my makeup easily and blended it seamlessly. It is very soft (SO.SO.SOFT) and comfortable to use unlike other sponges I've tried before. It expands and go back to it's original form when dry. I will be tossing out my old sponges that served me quite well. For now, I am contented with Miine makeup blender, this is indeed the best dupe of the Beauty Blender!

No comments:

Post a Comment